Thursday, November 1, 2007

All Aboard the Halloween Express


Train and the Track


"Wow Daddy! You are so cool!"


"Mommy? Do you know who loves me?"
"Who loves you, Andrew?"
"My train loves me so much!"





Our family at the end of the party.


The Tortoise and the Hare


What a cutie!


Daddy's favorite pic


One day this past summer, I started talking to Andrew about Halloween. I was trying to convince him that it would be fun to dress up like The Big Bad Wolf and the 3 pigs (his favorite story at the time). He insisted that he was going to be a train. "A train engineer? I asked. "No. I am a train, Mommy." He has said this since July. I kept showing him pictures of other costumes on line, trying to get him to choose something else. We couldn't figure out how we were going to make Andrew into a train. Then we saw a fire truck costume online made out of a stroller and our creative genius of the family (Chad) created a costume for our determined little train complete with a working light and sound! Andrew loved it and was so proud of his costume. His Daddy went as the track.

Ryan and Mommy were the Tortoise and the Hare. Ryan was the cutest little turtle and has even begun Army crawling this week. He was very patient with his costume and kept it on both nights without complaint.

We had a fun time at the church party Tuesday night with our cousins Alex and Evin. We went trick-or-treating Wednesday at Daddy's work and around our neighborhood. We hope you enjoy these fun pics above and video (Below) of our little guys.



Andrew, always the performer, was out to get his cousin to laugh. Notice how he watches his Daddy and Alex closely for their reaction. What wasn't caught on camera was Andrew's response to Alex's singing and laughter. "Hey Mommy, I made Alex laugh!"

4 comments:

Mary said...

All I can say is that viewing the blog and watching the video clip over and over has made my day.
Love, Mom

kruegfam said...

What a great way to start the day at 5:50 AM! Priceless pictures. And why didn't I know that my grandson was crawling?

Kim Shelton said...

I'm very impressed with your family's creativity in making halloween costumes! The boys look adorable.

Gina said...

Chad, I am so impressed! I am amazed at your creativity and handiness! Very cute costumes!