Sunday, November 25, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving


Ryan's first Thanksgiving!


Waiting to come inside and eat turkey...


You can't catch me, Uncle Ben!


Tractor Races


Almost time...


Ryan eagerly awaits his share of the Thanksgiving dinner.


Lara prepares the turkey.


Checking the temperature...it's finally done!

The kids' table


The candid shot of the grown-ups' table



We had a very busy Thanksgiving weekend! We spent the actual holiday in Pinehurst with Chad's family. It was a lovely day. Three of his four siblings and their families were able to be there, as well as his cousin Christy and her family. Lara, Emily, and I cooked our first turkey! The kids played outside and upstairs together. Ryan ate some sweet potatoes as his first Thanksgiving dinner. Andrew felt very grown-up as he sat without Mommy and Daddy at the kids' table. We were able to video conference with Mom and Dad Scribner over the computer for our family Thanksgiving prayer. It was a very sweet experience. We also celebrated Emily's birthday. Lara made a really yummy chocolate raspberry cake for dessert and we all sang a terrible rendition of Happy Birthday. I was there at Thanksgiving, too, but was taking all of the pictures so there aren't any of me on my camera. Make sure to look at the fun video at the very bottom of the blog entry of the kids playing outside.

The rest of the weekend our little family spent back at home with my Mom and sisters. We went to the movies twice. We saw August Rush and Enchanted. Of course we went Black Friday shopping. I actually left Ryan with his daddy for 9 hours while Mom, Rachel and I went shopping!!!! It was the longest we had been apart since his birth 7 and 1/2 months ago. We both did great! (I think I missed him more than he missed me).

We celebrated my Nanie's 87th birthday with lots of family on Saturday. Sunday we went to Alex's 3rd birthday party. (I will also post pictures of that). It was a whirlwind weekend, but tons of fun. We are blessed to have so much family close by. I am grateful for them and the joy that they bring to my life and the love that they show to my sons.


4 comments:

kruegfam said...

It was a fun weekend. By the way(john), Nannie was 87 not 86, but who's counting?! Some interesting faces in some of those pictures.

Danielle said...

oops, i fixed it.

Brandon said...

How funny... I actually saw 2 movies this weekend... which never happens... and saw the exact same 2 movies! I liked Enchanted better. What about you?

Danielle said...

That's too funny! I actually liked August Rush better, but I enjoyed them both! (I am a sucker for a movie that makes me cry)!