Sunday, December 23, 2007

"I'm 'FREE' today!"


"Look! Santa came to my party!"


You really think I am going to eat?


"Santa Cow is coming to town!"


Strawberry ice cream + chocolate cake+trains=Andrew's favorites
(though he didn't eat any because he was too excited about opening presents)


"A train, a train, a train, a train!"


"They're my favorite friends!"

Alex: Do you mind if I help you open your presents, Andrew?
Andrew: Yes.
Alex: Okay, good! I'll help you!


"I'm FREE today, Mommy!" said Andrew as he held up four fingers.

Andrew woke up excited on the 22nd of December. "Whose coming to my house today?" I listed the guest list of family members coming. "Hooray! Those are my favorite people! (Long pause). Where's Papa? I need Papa. Tell me the story about Andrew going to Iraq to see Papa and he gives me a big kiss!"

We went to Chic-fil-A to eat lunch for Andrew's birthday. It is his favorite place to eat. When we arrived, a surprise guest, Santa Claus was there to help get the party started. (While we were eating, Santa Claus left and Santa Cow showed up! Alex would not sit on Santa the man's lap, but hopped right up on the bovine version). After a couple of bites of chicken, Andrew played with his cousin Alex in the play area. We went home and had a train ice cream cake and opened his gifts! He had lots of fun and exclaimed that each was his favorite and that he loved them all!

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

My Keegan (he's 3 almost 4) feels the very same about trains!! Hope Santa brings Andrew lots of trains!