Saturday, March 1, 2008

The Hills



The Hills visited us last week and we met for lunch at La Carretta. The visit was too short, but wonderful. Our kids had a good time together and Andrew keeps asking when Alex and his sisters are going to come back and play with him and when the Hill's baby is going to come back and play with Ryan.

When Chad and I were first married, we moved to Winston-Salem and began our life together. Wendy and Justin Hill were married the same summer and also moved to Winston-Salem. They were our very best friends. We did everything together. (They are much cooler than us, but allowed us to tag along on all their fun adventures). We spent almost every holiday together, especially the really important ones like Halloween, Cinco de Mayo, St. Patrick's Day. We made up holidays. We found any excuse we could to throw a party. We even crashed Justin's Business School parties with them. (Which BTW, helped Chad decide to get his MBA from Wake as well). Then sadly Justin graduated and got a job and moved away. We don't get to see them nearly often enough.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Aw, good times!! Our visit with y'all was way to short! We must play Mario Cart and Balloon O Rama late into the night soon!

I kept checking your blog the last few weeks and your site was always down, but I didn't realize until tonight that I had your URL wrong on my site. Anyway, it's good to catch up on you guys!

Your boys are so adorable, and so well mannered and behaved. You're such a perfect mom. And then there's me--we just got back from soccer practice where I squeezed Alexander's lips so hard that they started bleeding!! He was spitting at me and wouldn't stop--self-defense, I cry!!

Justin said...

Who's that guy with a black eye?