Sunday, April 20, 2008

Mr. McGregor's Garden

I have decided to try my hand at gardening. I've never really done much gardening to speak of, so I decided to start with one little 4 by 4 garden. I am following the techniques in the square foot gardening book that several of my friends have found helpful. I also have a neighbor who is willing to try this adventure with me, so we are helping each other get started. Andrew is very excited. I told him we were going to plant a garden together and grow our own vegetables.

Andrew-Like Mr. McGregor?
Mommy-Yes, just like his garden, only smaller.
Andrew-Will Peter come and eat too much carrots and hide in the pots?
Mommy-I hope not.
Andrew-We need a scarecrow. I think that would be a good idea, actually. That's what we need Mommy, a scarecrow.






Andrew said he needed his Mr. McGregor hat to help me in the garden. Then he told me he was hoeing onions. (Yuck)! Poor child he is under the delusion that his Mommy
would plant onions for him.


Watering the garden


Watering himself


Our little garden spot...now we just need to plant something(besides onions).

1 comment:

Cortney said...

You'll love it Danielle! Did you do the soil mixture he recommends? We've been doing SFG for a couple years now and always have a plentiful harvest!