Sunday, July 13, 2008

2 Birthdays in One Day

Ok, it's my turn to write (from the mouth, or hands, rather, of Chad)

My mother and Danielle share the same birthday

2 women, 1 heart. Yes, it sounds sordid, but in truth it’s quite simple. I love my wife with all my heart. I love my mother with all my heart. As far as remembering important days, it’s quite convenient that they share the same birthday. (I swear this was not one of my criteria when evaluating eternal soulmate prospects, but nevertheless, a bonus.). Well, with my mother living in Switzerland right now, I don’t get to see her nearly enough, so I wanted to take a moment on her birthday to let her know how wonderful she is.

I’m so thankful to my mother for raising me so well. I know it’s a little presumptuous to say I turned out so well… but I figure my amazing wife would not have married me if I had not, and I give credit where credit is due. Thank you, Mom, for all your inexorable patience through the years, as I did so many stu... er... silly things. Thank you for telling me you loved me so many times, despite my insufferable flaws. Thank you for being there always, even if you would have rather been somewhere else to escape the insanity of 5 children… anywhere else. Thank you for giving your all even when it felt like you received so little in return. You truly have been an amazing influence on me for both good and… well, just for good. I love you, Mom, and Happy Birthday.

Love, Chad

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

Happy Late Birthday Danielle!!! I hope you had a great day!!

Rose said...

Chad that was lovely. Your Mom is a great Lady. I am so glad my Grandsons have her for a Grandma, Too!