Saturday, August 16, 2008

Woosley Farm

In our search for organic local produce to preserve, we visited Woosley Farm to pick tomatoes. I was a little nervous about how my boys would behave, but I really wanted these tomatoes. When we arrived the farmer met us outside and suggested that we switch over to her truck to drive down.





The boys were really excited, and that was before her dog jumped in the back. We drove to a field next to the Yadkin river. While we picked tomatoes, the boys played with the dog.

The boys saw cows, goats, and even got to feed the chickens.


We didn't get very many tomatoes (only about 20 pounds), but the boys had so much fun I couldn't be too disappointed.

2 comments:

CR said...

I'm so proud of you.

Christy said...

i'm so impressed with you! I can't believe you did all that canning...awesome! My mom always had us look to see how pretty her fruit was after she canned. It was always hard to open the first one.