Sunday, September 21, 2008

Apple Festival


Our family had a great time at the Bethabara Apple Festival yesterday. It was the first time we have ever been able to attend. It is always the same weekend as Emily's birthday, but as we can't go to Utah to celebrate with her, we stayed home and went to the "Apple Festi-ball" as Andrew called it.

Here we are crawling around some of the ruins of the settlement. Andrew looks over the edge which is a good 15 foot drop and has a brilliant idea. "Hey Daddy, why don't we drop Ryan down there and see what he does?"

Lucky for Ryan wiser heads prevailed and we moved on to play some of the kids' activities. He enjoyed playing with the wheel and stick.

And throwing the boccee balls. He did not get a concussion, despite the very intense and angry period costumed lady's admonition to us, the horrible parents who were allowing him to play.

We went on a hay ride together.


Andrew loved the horse that was his favorite colors orange and brown.


Andrew learned to walk on stilts. He did a great job!
We ended the fun day by eating a yummy apple dumpling with ice cream.
We can't wait to come back next year!

4 comments:

Katie said...

I miss Winston-Salem! We loved going to the apple festival. I'm glad you had a lot of fun!

Christy said...

you always find the coolest places to go...

Christy Habeeb said...

Danielle,
I just caught up on your blog and read your exciting news!!! I am so happy for you and know God will bless you with this new adventure. However, with 2 young, active boys myself, I can't figure out how you have time to sit down and even think about a new one! But, they are so much fun and I am so grateful I am at home with them to enjoy these wonderful moments that are happening so fast. Of course, as I write this they are peacefully sleeping:)
Christy

CR said...

Andrew is hilarious, he cracks me up! I am so glad for Ryan that wiser heads prevailed and also that the angry lady did not call social services! ;)