Monday, September 29, 2008

Our Week

This has been a very looooooooong week. I will share what little of our week I have pics of. Most of our week was not picture worthy. Sorry for such a boring post, but I knew if I didn't write, Papa and others who are faraway might be unnecessarily worried. Everything is fine. Morning sickness with baby Blueberry (Andrew's name for his baby sister that he is convinced is coming) has hit full force. It has been much worse than with Andrew and Ryan. It has been a week of doing only what I have to do.

So Monday was FHE and laundry...

Here is Ryan cooperating during FHE.

Here is a picture of the moment when Ryan decided he was done with FHE and that we needed to be done, too. He reminded us of Grandma and Grandpa's dog, Nick who needs to be in the middle of everything, too.


Tuesday was Preschool at our home and a hike with the Scouts,




Wednesday was a baby shower, and then Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday was laying on the couch recuperating from three busy days and cleaning up after sweet Andrew who was sick with a stomach virus. (I will spare you pictures of that. Not that I have any). My sweet hubby has stepped up to the plate and makes dinner, cleans up, and takes care of me and the boys. He is awesome!

I have full confidence that this week will be better and that I will be 100% myself before our trip to Switzerland in two weeks. I don't like functioning at 50% capacity and feel very inadequate these days. I am not self-pitying, I am grateful to be pregnant, just guilty that I am not taking care of my family like I want to be able. I really appreciated the Woman's broadcast (that I watched from my couch) and Elder Uchtdorf's talk about Creating and Compassion. It reminded me that I am very blessed to be helping create this little body for our newest family member. I would take 7 more months of functioning at 50% capacity for this blessing if necessary. (Although I really hope it isn't necessary).

3 comments:

CR said...

You are such a good mom! Baby Blueberry (so funny) is very lucky to come to a mom willing to make such sacrifices and a dad willing to pick up the slack. If Andrew were in public school, he could ask the police officer if the laying on the couch means that his mommy is on drugs. ;)

Gina said...

Danielle, I love you! I'm sorry you're not feeling well in more than one way. Please let me know if there's anything I can do...perhaps one day soon we could live close enough that I could just have those sweet boys over to play!

Andrea said...

I do hope you are feeling better this week! Surely all this morning sickness will pass soon and become a distant memory when you welcome your sweet little one into the world.