Saturday, November 1, 2008

Trick-Or-Treat

We usually try and have a family themed costume, but with pregnancy, shingles, and European vacations, I decided to let go and make Halloween a little simpler this year. I made one costume, bought one costume, and the grown-ups at our house didn't dress up at all. I think the kids had a great time, but I surprisingly did kinda miss dressing up.




Since late this summer Andrew has insisted that he was going to be a rocket for Halloween. His inspiration came from a spaceship movie we borrowed from the library. I could not convince him that an astronaut would be cool, those costumes are easy to find. Nope only a rocket would do. So I started looking for a pattern in August and could find none. They don't exist. So my sewing teacher and I kinda made our own, and Andrew and I were happy with the results. (Thank you Shellie Brewer)!





The plan was for Ryan to be a space alien, but after a search for a cute costume pattern failed, I decided that he would be his favorite animal, a dog. It was an easy one to purchase, so I didn't make his. He loved his costume and kept hugging himself, signing dog, barking, panting, and trying out his new words, "Trick or Treat." I think he was much happier as a puppy than he would have been as an alien.



We trick or treated at Nanie's house on Thursday. She gave each boy big pumpkins filled with candy and toys.



We visited Daddy at work on Halloween and the sweet ladies there shared their candy.



We went trick or treating in our neighborhood last night and came home and ate a pumpkin cheesecake. It was the first cheesecake I can ever remember making. This pic was taken right before we started around the neighborhood. I loved this picture of the boys. Ryan looking precious, Andrew making silly faces and looking like he is going to wretch.



7 comments:

Rebekah said...

I love it when kids pick costumes that you can't find patterns for. It was the same way with Seth's chef coat. Had to make my own.

The rocket turned out GREAT!!!!! You did a fabulous job on it!! Ryan is so cute as a little doggie!!!

CR said...

You are amazing, I am extremely impressed with your sewing! The Pumpkin cheesecake was delicious, thanks for sharing (& saving us some! ;) Both of your boys are too, too cute!

thehiattfamily said...

A train and a rocket, what's next? I love the rocket costume. I am so glad that Andrew has such supportive encouraging parents who help him realize his fantastic imagination.

Wendy said...

I LOVE the rocket! You did such a good job on it And I must say the doggie was quite adorable as well.

Our little people enjoyed the goo of pumpkin carving as well. Callan actually gutted the whole thing basically by herself. She didn't think Mommy should get her hands dirty. ;) You're pumpkin was amazing. Yay Chad!

Katie said...

Awesome costumes! You are so amazing!

kruegfam said...

Do I have adorable Gransons or what? ANd their parents are not too shabby either. I am always amazed! Someone sure raised the two of you to be great parents! Don't you agree Mary?

Christy said...

I can't believe you made that Rocket. It is really cool. And...you have a sewing teacher? What, how, who, how much etc... Of course, Ryan couldn't help but being adorable as well. Sweetie.
How are you feeling these days? Little Lora just had her baby yesterday. No name yet...