Sunday, April 19, 2009

Countdown to Baby Blueberry


This week has been a whirlwind of activity as we prepared for baby sister's arrival. I had my kitchen floor remodeled and was out of my house two days during the daytime. I had three dr appointments, a baby shower given to me by Chad's work, Ryan's 2 year old pictures, hosted book club at my house, and attended a farewell party for a friend. I also checked off the final few items on my to-do list. But the week is over and my time to nest has run out. I have one or two projects I didn't get to finish, but for the most part my to-do list is done. All that is left is the waiting for baby Blueberry. I need to go to bed, but i am too anxious/excited. So I thought I would blog to all of you. By the time most of you read this, she will be here.


I have:

4 weeks worth of homemade meals in the freezer ready to go. (So grateful for a large freezer. Just double cooked for a month).



3 days worth of baby girl clothes packed in a bag in her new girly nursery


2 very excited big brothers



And 1 GIGANTIC belly. (It is a fact. I am not a cute pregnant person. And I am not saying it for validation so that you will all write that I am . I know I am not and I am okay with that. I am just so thrilled that we are able to have children and know that my body is doing what it was designed to do. I know that I can exercise and be where I want to be again, but that it will be a long hard road. I won't be going out in a swimsuit next week. I really am okay with that. But with all three pregnancies I have had complete strangers and even people I know make comments about how huge I am. This time the rudest was in Fayetteville when a stranger asked if I was having twins and then told me I was the hugest pregnant person she had ever seen. So here is a pic for all of you so you can see the HUGEST PREGNANT PERSON EVER). :)



With ZERO NAMES FOR HER! I think I am the most indecisive person ever!

9 comments:

Jessica said...

We are so excited for you! I loved your countdown. When you are ready let me know and if you would like we can work out together!! Good luck tomorrow. We can't wait to see beautiful baby blueberry

thehiattfamily said...

We are so excited to meet her! I hope everything goes flawlessly with her arrival. I know you have planned well and have worked hard to have everything prepared, but we will still pray for everything to go beautifully. Love you.

Rebekah said...

Can't wait to see her and find out her official name (although i'm sure she'll still be going by blueberry for a very long time!). You are by no means large. I was twice your size when I was pregnant with Paige. Good luck with everything! Praying it all goes well for you!!!! <3

Kim said...

It is so fun knowing the exact day you will go in to have your babies! We pray everthing will go well.

Hindmarsh Family said...

I think your pregnant belly looks like a pregnant belly... I am just behind you in your hugeness, but the difference is that today you will deliver! We are so excited for you (and I am a bit jealous). I think April is a much better month to have babies than my favorite month of July (you know this will be my 3rd July baby). Awesome job on your food too! That will save your sanity. I hope your delivery is uneventful and quick! Love you!

Christy said...

I can't believe how prepared you are. Amazing....as usual. I love your sweet nursery. I was not a cute preggo lady either. Yes...I did have twins but they were two months early...so I didn't get half as huge as I could of. Despite that fact, the nurses would bring their friend nurses over to see just how humongous I was. Apparently I was a sensation. I even got my bloated, beached-whale, self posted on a nursing presentation - lecture hall size. :)
I can't wait to meet baby blueberry. I hope everything goes perfectly. I can already imagine how cute she'll be.

Andrea said...

What a wonderful day to have a baby! Go, Blueberry! I hope you are doing well. Can't wait to see you both!

On the belly, at least your is concentrated where the baby is! My "baby weight" was nice enough to just spread out all over the place. :) Oh, well. Totally worth it.

Christy said...

First of all, I'm so excited for you! Having a girl after having 2 boys sure changes things around the house, trust me, I know!! And as for your belly....I am so right there with you! I get HUGE (Caps just doesn't give that word justice, it needs to be so much bigger!) At 3 months along the cashier at Walmart asked if I was having the baby soon...and I got so tired of hearing, "Twins? Diabetes?". But, as you said, it does go away with some work....I'm almost there! Kiss the baby for me and enjoy every moment!! Love ya!

Wendy said...

And what nesting you've been doing! I'm surprised that didn't send you into labor. You're a CUTE pregnant woman. I was asked when I was due when I wasn't pregnant, so it could be worse! Let us know when she arrives! Can't wait! I love the netting thing above her crib--very feminine. Do you get c-sections or induced--since you know exactly when you're going to have her and all.