Thursday, April 23, 2009

Molly Rose Scribner



We came home with Molly yesterday. Her big brothers were thrilled to have her home and are eager to dote on her and tell her how pretty she is. They love to help burp her. Ryan likes to count her fingers and toes. Andrew is really happy to have Mommy home and takes lots of opportunities to tell me how glad he is I am at home and how much he loves me.

Chad and I had such a hard time choosing a name for our darling girl. We had narrowed the list down to 3 names that we absolutely loved, but as we were not having triplets, we could only use one name. Our nurse was a bit agitated that she couldn't finish her paperwork. (And as an organized control freak myself, I don't blame her). We decided to name her Molly and called up the nurse to tell her. Then 15 minutes later, Chad called her back and said we had changed our mind, her name was Samantha. Then 20 minutes after that, we made the final call to the birth certificate office and changed her name back to Molly. I don't think we are winning any "Favorite Patient" Awards with our nurse, Meredith.

I have been blessed with wonderful examples in my life. Chad and I have the most wonderful mothers in the world. Both are strong and noble women who work and serve with their whole hearts, minds, and strength. Both are women who put their family and the Lord first. Molly Rose is named in honor of them. Molly is a nickname for Mary, Chad's mother's name and Rose is my mother's name. We hope that our Molly will grow up to be the like the two women she is named after.

11 comments:

Andrea said...

A beautiful name for a beautiful girl. What a darling.

Mary said...

What a beautiful little girl! Already in the white dress. People here wouldn't stress to decide on the name thing. They just give them three names, and then let them choose what to be called when they're older.

Wendy said...

I love the name--it reminds me of my girls' favorite American Girl character, Molly. Definitely the smartest and down to earth of all AG dolls! You'll soon jump aboard the girly girl dolls and such, yahoo!

Greg and louise said...

Molly Rose is a beautiful name. That was sweet to name her after both of her grandmothers.

Kim said...

I'm so glad the name decision is finally behind you! It is a beautiful name. Glad everyone is home. Let me know if you need anything.

thehiattfamily said...

She is ABSOLUTELY beautiful! Love the pictures, keep them coming.

Rebekah said...

she's beautiful! congrats again!!!

Christy said...

you could have just mixed the two names and ended up with Mose. Or a sweet little Rolly.
But I'll admit, I think Molly Rose is perfect for such a sweet perfect little baby.

shelley said...

congrats! she's gorgeous! and yay for little girls!

Avni said...

she's beautiful! the name suits her, me thinks! Hope you're doing well; and hope to see you this fall.

Dale Family said...

At least you got her named before you left the hospital. We have some friends who didn't, and then thought they had filled out the proper paperwork to fix it. When they went to get his birth certificate for school, it said Baby Boy Selin. So they had to legally change his name! He's now one of Bill's priests and they all love to tease him about it since his mother shared the story! Molly is beautiful! Many congratulations!