Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day 2009


I feel so blessed to be a Mommy of three wonderful children. We survived our first week without extra help and are settling in to life with our new little girl. The boys have been such a big help. I am amazed at how much Andrew can and does help out. Without the presence of another adult, Ryan finally noticed that Mommy was spending a lot of time with Molly. On Wednesday he actually climbed on top of Molly while I was nursing her and told me to put baby sista down and to hold Ryan! Ryan also decided to go potty four times this weekend! (Very exciting news).

Molly weighed 8 pounds 15 ounces at her 2 week check up this past Monday. It was our first outing together as mom and three little ones. The boys behaved beautifully. Molly is in the 95th percentile for weight. Which is funny, since her brothers are both in the 5th percentile. The doctor said she is doing well. She is sleeping well at night and wakes up only to nurse and goes straight back to sleep. I have tried to deny it, but I think she is also effected by chocolate like her brothers. It looks like I may be off chocolate for the next 6 months...AGAIN! So sad. I am going to cut it out this week and see what happens.

Today was a wonderful day. Chad fixed breakfast and had gifts waiting for me at the table when I woke up. We headed down to Pinehurst to spend the rest of the day with Chad's mom and had a great time.

Chad helped Andrew and Ryan make me Mother's Day cards. I thought they were pretty sweet. He asked each of them what makes Mommy special. Here are their answers.

Andrew said, "Mommy is special because...she plays with me, lets me do what I want, teamwork, not drinking coffee, taking us somewhere we like to go, looks happy, not going in the street without holding my hand. "

Ryan said "Mommy play with me, read books, sing songs, Mommy silly, Mommy funny."

I am too exhausted to write all the feelings in my heart this mother's day. So no long letter this Mother's Day baring my heart and soul like last year. Chad gave me a mother's day gift with a quote on it by Neal A. Maxwell that sums up my feelings however. It reads, "Faith in God includes faith in His timing." I am grateful for the Lord's timing. I am extremely happy and living the life of my dreams with the best Daddy in the world and three children who are my everything.

2 comments:

shelley said...

happy mother's day, danielle. i'm so glad you're living the life of your dreams with your great hubby and 3 cute little ones. no one deserves it more!

Wendy said...

Sweet. What a perfect quote. And I'm glad you're not drinking coffee these days. Or Coke.