Sunday, July 5, 2009

Fourth of July Party

Chad and I hosted a Fourth of July Party with our friends, the Campbells, for over 50 friends. We started the day at our home decorating our bikes and wagons for a Patriotic Parade. I have always wanted to host a kids' fourth of July parade, and to be honest was the main reason I threw the party. Andrew said this was his favorite part. After the parade, we returned home for water games, ping pong, volleyball, playing in the backyard, and jumping on the trampoline. Ryan loved having access to all of the juice boxes we had placed in a little pool with ice. When I cut him off at 4, he found lots of willing friends who opened at least 3 more of them for him. When we were done playing, we headed to the Campbells for a cook-out. Ryan soaked his clothes eating watermelon, which is why he is wearing only a diaper in the pics. He doesn't seem to mind, does he? The kids helped make yummy snacks for the fireworks together after dinner. (Thanks Janine, Kim, and Shauna). Then we headed to Shallowford Square for the fireworks, which is always my favorite part of the holiday. The boys were asleep before we got home. (Which I think must have been Chad's favorite part. He was so tired after working all weekend to get our yard ready. Everyone should feel sorry for my wonderful hubby. His wife gets all of these fun ideas, and then he has to help me carry them out. Although, I do have to say, I think he looks super hot with the tan he got while slaving away in the hot sun for me).

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Thanks again for such a great party! I'm sure it was a lot of work for you (and Chad). Anna had a blast and we are glad we could spend the 4th with you guys!

Gina said...

Oh my, what fun!!!

CR said...

You guys are so cool! I wish we could have been there. All of those friends are such wonderful people, we miss you all!

Katie said...

Thanks for letting us crash your party! We had a great time! Thanks for all of your hard work.

Jenner said...

that is a cute pic under the tree. maybe you could email it to me? thanks for putting the party together. it was a great time. oh and your cow story at chic-fil-a is hilarious!