Sunday, August 2, 2009

Molly's 14 weeks


"One day, many long years from now you will look at these pictures and understand the full import of holding in your arms a child three generations younger, who is in some small degree a continuum of yourself. "

There is a picture of myself as the baby with my mom, nanie, and my mom's grandmother. I cherish that picture and have always wanted to have a little girl so that I could duplicate the same experience. This week my dream came true.

Molly continues to be a delightful little girl. Her newest tricks this week include blowing bubbles (which we continually had to wipe off her chin during the photo shoot) and rolling over. She is not one bit pleased with the whole rolling over thing. She does it in her sleep and is then very mad until we roll her back over to her tummy. Molly is also a very talented thumb sucker. I haven't had one of those yet. She is still all giggles and smiles when she is awake. She is a very social child and jabbers constantly. This week she was sitting in the playroom in her Bumbo chair and started "talking." Andrew noticed and came over and started talking back to her. She responded, much to his delight, and they had a very long talk together. It was wonderful for Andrew to have an audience, and Molly couldn't have been happier to oblige.

3 comments:

Rebekah said...

what a great picture!!!

Christy said...

I can not tell you how much I LOVE this picture. What a treasure for her!

CR said...

What a beautiful picture! Molly is so lucky that she will always have this gift. It is so funny that she was showing off her new talent while you were trying to take pictures. She is adorable! And all four of you girls look beautiful.