Sunday, September 20, 2009

End of Summer Picture Bonanza

I realized that I have tons of pics to share from this summer that I haven't posted because they didn't really deserve their own posts individually... or perhaps because it would have required me to create new posts almost every day. There is no rhyme or reason in the order. Hope you enjoy the randomness!

Ring a round the roses with Masen


Silly string with Daddy


I think Daddy won!

I was able to go to a women's conference in Asheville to hear Sister Beck speak. Afterward I went shopping downtown and out to dinner with friends. (Don't I have pretty friends)?


Fingerpainting in chocolate pudding!


AP (After painting)


I canned corn this summer. This determined squirrel somehow pulled this cob out of the trash without ripping a hole in the bag.

I was working as a camp art director the summer Chad and I met. I often practiced my projects at home before I tried to do them with the kids. On our very first date, Chad and I made Goop together. We introduced it to our kids for FHE this summer. What a fun messy night!




Our neighbors have a pool that they generously offered to let our family use this summer. We went once a week and had a blast! They were sooo generous.


Even with a "Super" cool life jacket, Ryan threw a 10-20 minute tantrum each time we went to the pool because he didn't want to wear ANY flotation devices offered.


Andrew loved the diving board!

Believe it or not, Molly sat happily in her car seat at the side of the pool while we all swam! What an easy baby she is! And I love her little swimsuit!


There is a story in the Friend magazine about a little boy wanting to dress up like the bishop. Andrew insisted that he needed to dress like our bishop, too. Here is the outfit Andrew decided was most bishop-like. He even carried scriptures. They are engraved with "Chad Scribner" on the cover. He argued with us quite a while and told us that they said "Chad's SCRIPTURES." I don't think we ever convinced him.


Molly and her cousin Amelia


Chad made the boys rocket pancakes, which they loved of course!

The boys both bought skateboards at a consignment sale. Ryan can do it, but is very cautious and very slow.

I am sure there are tons more I haven't shared yet. But I am sleepy and heading to bed!

5 comments:

Greg and louise said...

Looks like a lot of good times to me.

kruegfam said...

I think random is terrific!

Basil Family said...

Is that my baby Boomerang?! If so, her tail sure has improved. I'll just pretend it is and say it sure was nice to see her!

Christy said...

What a fun group of pictures....they fit nicely into the theme of summer. Molly sure is getting big! And I've decided to come to your house for craft time. Our craft time is when I break down and let them pull out the scissors.

Wendy said...

Good times!