Sunday, October 4, 2009

Molly's First 5K - 23 Weeks



Molly and I walked with my Aunt Ronda in the Women's Only 5k Walk and Run yesterday in honor of her courageous battle against breast cancer. Her 2 daughters and my Aunt Louise walked with us as well. My cousin made the cute shirts our team wore, even a little one for Miss Molly. There were over 3000 women and girls who participated and raised money for mammograms for women in the triad! It was an amazing experience to be part of such an incredible event. Molly was a cutie and made everyone who saw her smile. She didn't cry at all. Maybe next year she can do the little girls' fun run in the morning before Mommy runs the 5k. Who wants to join us?



Molly has also discovered the joys of the Johnny Jump Up. She bounces and sings for long periods of time. Her brothers come over and "help" her bounce and sing songs to her as well. I think she would stay in it all day long if I let her.


And yes, that is a very wet shirt Miss Drooly is wearing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chad,

Love the family pictures. We are going to miss you and your wife this weekend at the reunion. Pinkie Raspberry sends her hellos!

Jen

Andrea said...

That first picture is just insanely cute.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for being a part of the walk to support my mom! Love you very much!