Sunday, December 6, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving 2009

Chad and I are both blessed with wonderful and large extended families that live nearby. We always have a place to go on holidays, so we take turns visiting. This year we traveled to Pinehurst on Wednesday night. I made my apple pie and roasted chestnut stuffing and enjoyed preparing dinner with Mary and Emily. All of the NC cousins (8 of the 17 cousins) were together there and had so much fun! They played hard. When these cousins get together, there is a lot of laughter, and silliness.



There are always tears when it is time to say good-bye. Ryan especially has a hard time leaving. "I need to go back to Masen's house. I NOT go home. HOME IS A BABY!" he cried and stomped his little foot Thursday night. "Baby" is Ryan's new descriptive word when he is mad about something. It has also been used to describe green beans, water instead of juice in his cup, going to bed, going inside, Mommy going to Cub Scouts, and yellow mustard.




On Friday morning I went traditional Black Friday shopping with my mom. I love spending time with her, and it never seems long enough. We need to live closer. I left Molly and she did great! I just ran home to nurse her every few hours, and we would head out again. Mom, Rachel and I also went to go see the best movie I have seen in a long time, The Blind Side. I HIGHLY recommend it. So uplifting, so worth the money. (And I rarely feel that way about a movie). I want to be just like Sandra Bullock's character when I grow up!

2 comments:

Katie said...

I'm glad you guys had a great Thanksgiving! I'm so jealous of all the cute cousins. We are lacking cousins on at least one side and I feel bad that my boys don't have the same experience. Thanks for the recommend on the movie! Chris read the book and really enjoyed it, so I was hoping the movie would be good. Maybe you'll have to make "Blind Side" (Michael Lewis) a book club read! :) Hope you are well!

CR said...

I LOVE "home is a baby". That kid cracks me up. And Danielle, you are just like LeeAnn Touhy (sp?). I could totally see you doing the exact same thing, only your friends are not snobs. ;)