Sunday, June 6, 2010

Family Reunion in Fries, Virginia

The first weekend in June is Decoration (similar to a family reunion) for my dad's family in Fries, Virginia. (pronounced FREEZE) I haven't been since I was a very little girl. It was so nice to be able to bring my little ones to meet their Great-Great Aunts and Uncles. It was held on the banks of the New River. It was such a beautiful day. We were not able to make it to the graveyard for the actual "Decoration" due to a special church meeting we had in the morning, but we did make it in time for lunch. We ate way too much yummy food and had a great time catching up with family. Everyone made us feel so welcome.

My grandmother is first on the left.
She is pictured here with some of my great aunts and great uncles.
She is lucky enough to be from a very large family.
Have I mentioned before how much I love large families!?!?!?

After eating and talking and more eating, we headed outside to play. Ryan was so excited to climb up this slide, but got a little nervous when he reached the top.

Andrew was very excited about climbing this jungle gym,
but also got a little nervous when he reached the top.

So we headed down to the river to throw rocks.


We couldn't find any rocks to skip, so we threw sticks instead.


Molly enjoyed the day, too. She ate an entire chicken breast and
more banana pudding than I am willing to tell you. She threw quite the tantrum when she saw that Chad's plate was empty. I think she is getting a little spoiled.

I know this is a very awkward crop, but I don't like the way I look in this picture, so I cut me out. However, I think MOLLY looks just like a baby picture of me here, so I had to share it with my mom to see if she (or anyone else who knew me when I was one) thinks this looks like me.

3 comments:

aenea said...

I'm glad you guys had fun! It was nice to get to talk to you a little today! When we get back we'll have to go out just the two of us for your birthday and get a chance to hang out without children!

CR said...

What a fun day! I think Molly looks just like you and I wasn't even around when you were little.
That is why she is so beautiful!

kruegfam said...

She def looks like you in this picture! I think she is as beautiful as I thought you were and still are! I will have to see if I can dig out a photo that looks like her there.