Sunday, August 1, 2010

Can't resist sharing

Two cute stories from yesterday.

First,one from just Andrew.
Andrew: Mom, I think I am going to bear my testimony again tomorrow.  But this time I don't want Daddy to sit on the stand with me.
Me: Sounds great.  Do you want to practice what you want to say?
Andrew: Um...no.  Why?
Me: I just want to make sure you know what is and isn't appropriate to share during a testimony.
Andrew: (best impression of a teenager) Um, Mom, really, why would anybody who has gone to church his WHOLE LIFE say something inappropriate?

I didn't really know what to say after that. 

The second is about both boys.
It was very "late" on a Saturday morning.  Like 7:18am.  I was out exercising with a neighbor and Chad was still in bed.  The boys woke up and decided that Daddy had overslept.  They wanted to make sure he was happy when they woke him up, so they went downstairs to fix him "breakfast."  This is what they brought him. 

They were so PROUD of themselves!  They explained that they didn't mix it together because they couldn't find Daddy's special cup.  (So grateful for small miracles).  I am wondering what kind of warped children I am raising if they think that a protein shake is the perfect breakfast in bed food!

3 comments:

Greg and louise said...

Incredibly cute....they must know their Dad loves protein shakes or consumes them frenquently so they thought what better thing to fix than his favorite breakfast. MacKenzie sees Justin drink a smoothie every morning so I am sure she thinks he loves them more than anything. ;-)

Elyse and Steve said...

That is so funny. I laughed so hard that I had to share it with Steve. He laughed just as hard.

CR said...

Andrew is hilarious AND brilliant! The boys are so sweet to make Chad his favorite breakfast, what more could he want? John thought that was really funny too!