Sunday, August 8, 2010

My really whiny post (or Black Light Mini Golf)

 We went to Ft. Bragg this week with the intention of spending several days with my family.  Swimming, outlet shopping, movies, trip to an amusement park, and sitters were all on the agenda.  Ahhh, the best laid plans....We packed lots of fun into the first day.  We went swimming, out to eat, and then to play indoor Black light mini-golf.  Andrew got a hole in one! I went to work out with my sisters after I put my kids to bed.  I was even asleep before 11pm.  Heaven!  Until 12am, when Molly woke up vomiting.  Not to be left out, Andrew woke up at 2am vomiting.  I got sick around 4am.  Needless to say, as soon as I could rest up the next day, I loaded up my germy family and came home.  I was so sad.  Sad that my kiddos were sick, sad that I was sick, sad that I exposed my family to our germs, but mostly sad that I missed out on a fun week with everybody.  Instead of being at outlet malls or at the pool, I was home doing laundry, cleaning up throw up, etc..., lysoling every hard surface in our house, and feeling sorry for myself.  My sisters will go back to college soon, my mom will start work again, and Andrew will be in school.  It really was our last chance for some fun together this summer.

I thought that perhaps we were all finally better...until both Andrew and Molly got sick again today.  I am not sure how long we should stay quarantined.    This is one crazy illness. No one has run a fever.  Someone will be sick for 24-48 hours, symptom free for 2 or 3 or even 4 DAYS, and then BOOM, sick again!  I apologize for being sooooooooo whiny.  There are a lot bigger, harder trials than kiddos who have the stomach flu.  I remember days not too far distant when I would have read this on someone else's blog and thought "I wish I had 3 kids who were sick."  So there.  I am done whining.  I am done griping.  I am done wallowing in self pity.  I just wish I were done cleaning toilets and sheets.

4 comments:

Janine said...

So sorry you are still fighting the bug. (Ugh!) I hope it is over soon. It is a bummer about missing the last party of the summer too, I guess you at least enjoyed one night!

aenea said...

So sorry, Danielle! I hope you are all better real soon! Hopfully we can still do our camp this week!

CR said...

You deserve to whine! Even though I would not even consider that whining, you are just stating the facts. ;) I hope you are all well very soon. I'm SO sorry you missed time with your sisters!

Katie said...

I am also giving credence to your right to whine! If you were all cheery about it, I don't think we could be friends anymore. :) I'm sorry you guys are sick and you missed your trip. I hope you feel better soon!