Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Pillow Talk with Ryan

The following is a conversation with Ryan from our snuggling time this afternoon before his nap.  I wanted to write it down before I forget. 

Me:  Ryan, I love you.  You are such a sweet guy.  I am so grateful Heavenly Father sent you to our family.  He loves you so much and sent you here to earth for a special reason.

Ryan: Yeah, I know dat Mommy.  He sent me here to kill da bad guys.

Me: Really, I did not know that.

Ryan: Yep.  How old do you think I have to be before I can kill the bad guys?

Me: (not sure how to answer this question) I think that Heavenly Father sent you here to love and help others.

Ryan: I think I need to be maybe six.  Yes, six.  Then I can be a firefighter because they kill all the bad guys.

Me: No, fire fighters save people and homes from fires.  They are helpers.  

Ryan: No they have guns and they keep us safe from all the bad guys.  (without taking a breath)  I think I would like a telescope.

Me: Why?

Ryan: (yawning) To look all the way to outer space to see my balloon I lost. (3 weeks ago)

Me: I think a telescope would be wonderful.  I love you.

Ryan: Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

1 comment:

CR said...

He is hilarious and smart! You are such a good Mom for writing it down.