Friday, October 29, 2010

Pumpkin Patch 2010




I love fall!  I love fall pictures almost as much as I love fall.  The lighting, the colors, the fun!  I really wanted to get some fall shots of our kids outside in a pumpkin patch like we do every year.  But, EVERY TIME we have planned to go to the really neat patch we found last year, something has come up. Rain, illness, family crisis, Chad working late.   When we reached the middle of this week, I realized that the only way we were getting pumpkin pictures was to drive over to a nearby church and take pictures in their pumpkin patch they set up on their front lawn.  Not exactly the memory I was hoping to create and capture, but it was better than nothing, I thought.  Unfortunately when you wait until a couple of days before Halloween, there aren't many pumpkins left.  In fact, there were only about 40 pumpkins left over. (you can see almost all the ones that are left in the first picture).  And they were leftover for a reason.   So, we posed our children in front of their pumpkins and then drove to Aldi and purchased 4 beautiful, huge pumpkins for $2.49 a piece.    I feel a little guilty, especially because the volunteers at the patch were so nice.  But I wasn't about to pay $20 for a large deformed pumpkin that was oozing brown stuff out the side.  And I wasn't quite sure that the pallets, forklift, and neon lights inside Aldi would create the ambiance I wanted for our fall shots.   So I guess it was a good compromise.

1 comment:

Christy said...

Cute pictures! They are growing so big. We miss you!