Sunday, November 28, 2010

90th Birthday Party










My Nanie Julia celebrated her 90th birthday on Thanksgiving Day!  We had a lovely time honoring her at a special party with family at my cousin's beautiful home.

Nanie is a remarkable woman.  She is a survivor, and a beautiful example of strength.  She is the mother of 7 children, grandmother of 18, and great grandmother of 23 (and counting).  She is a lover of clothes, shoes, and Elvis.  She still lives in her own home and drives a car.  She attends church and her missionary meetings.  She reads her bible, daily.  She even has a special "friend."  I am so grateful that she is healthy and that she is part of my children's lives.  

At her party, we feasted (it was Thanksgiving, after all),  ate cake, and played a version of "This is Your Life."  Friends and family wrote in stories about her.  We took turns reading the memories, and she tried to guess who wrote each one.   And of course, we DANCED!  If you have never seen a 90 year old woman doing the Twist, make sure to watch the short video! It was such a fun and happy day, as we enjoyed honoring the life of this woman who loves and is loved by so many.

***My cousin took pictures of the birthday girl and individual families with her fantastic camera.  I am sure they are much better than mine, so  I will share those too, when I get them.

1 comment:

Greg and louise said...

It was a wonderfully fun time. Momma said it was the best birthday celebration she has ever had.