Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanks and Giving Tree 2010

Each November, our family creates a Thanks and Giving Tree in our kitchen.   After dinner each night, we write down one thing we are thankful for on a paper leaf.  On the opposite side of the leaf, we write down one good deed we did that day.  We display the side with our gratitude and hide our good works.

Here are our boys' lists for 2010 written in random order. (Molly was a little too young to tell us what she was grateful for, and Chad and I don't think anyone really cares too much about ours.  But please know, if you are reading this, you are one of the people we are grateful for).


Ryan
Molly
Playing at the park
Doughnuts
Candy
Milk
Cousins (2 times)
Snow
Cereal
My kitty toy
My toys
Cups
Books
These Leaves
Macaroni and Cheese
My toy superman
Clifford Books
peanut butter
Mommy
Our Baby Sister


Andrew
My family
Birds
My school
My Karate Gi
Legos
Cool Babysitters
Dad's video games
Friends
My mommy
Food
Heavenly Father
Jesus Christ
The Holy Ghost
Aunts and Uncles
Books
My brother
Winter and cold stuff
Fruits and Vegetables
My WHOLE family(He said there were too many to list). 

2 comments:

Haylee said...

We do a tree with leaves at Thanksgiving too but I hadn't thought to do giving on the other side of the leaf. Thanks for the great idea!! What a cute tree too!

Rebekah said...

cute idea! i thought about doing this and didn't get it in the works. maybe next year!

tell ryan that I'm thankful for macaroni and cheese too!! :)