Sunday, February 6, 2011

A Jedi's Dilemma

This is a portion of an email I just received from Ryan's Sunbeam teacher at church. 

"Our lesson today was "Heavenly Father and Jesus love me".  We were talking about the people who love us, and Eliza very sincerely told Ryan "I love you."  Ryan immediately told her "Eeewww" and then explained that Jedi cannot love and because he was a Jedi he couldn't love anyone.  Garrett must have thought this was very sad, and told Ryan that he didn't want to be a Jedi if Jedi couldn't love.  This was a pretty serious conversation, and I literally had to bite my tongue to keep from laughing."   

For those of you unfamiliar with Sunbeams, all of the children involved in this story are 3 years old.  :)  Ryan has never even seen Star Wars, but his brother has told him ALL about it.  Including the Jedi Code.  I am thinking we will need to have a conversation about this in the morning.  Then again, maybe not.  I am really okay if my boys live by the Jedi Code until they get home from their missions at 21.  Sorry, girls.      

4 comments:

shelley said...

love this so much. hahahahahahahaha! read it out loud to michael and he got a good laugh out of it too!!!

Janine said...

Hilarious! I wish I could have been there for sunbeams...

Elyse and Steve said...

What a cute story! I'm glad you wrote it down to remember for years to come.

Katie said...

I think Ryan is destined to be a heart breaker! With his good looks, he will need the Force to keep girls away. :) So cute!!!