Sunday, March 13, 2011

Before I forget

Just wanted to jot down a couple of funny things the kiddos said/did this week before I forget.

First, Molly.  She found a box of 86 crayons this week that an older brother had left out in the middle of the playroom floor.  When I found her, she was sitting with her back to me gently lifting one crayon out at a time, and then placing it back in.  I watched her do this 20-30 times.  Finally, she seemed to find the one she wanted.  She jumped up, ran over to me and declared "PINK!"  as she waved the crayon in the air, grinning ear to ear.  She grabbed my hand and pulled me to the kitchen. "PAPER?"  She sat happily and colored with her pink crayon for as long as an almost two year old does anything.  (She is also attempting to refuse to wear any clothes or bibs that are not pink). 

Ryan has also put a smile on my face this week.  Actually many times.  He is at the fun stage where so much of what comes out of his mouth is accidentally hilarious.  Here is part of our conversation we had this week about what to tell a policeman if you get lost.

Me-What is your Mommy's name?
Ryan-Aunt Danielle

Me-What is your Daddy's name?
Ryan-Chad Scribner

Me-Where do you live?
Ryan-North America.  That's where Alex and Masen live, too.  And Molly. 


And last of all Andrew.  Andrew is out of the stage where he mixes words up on a daily basis, but he is still pretty cute in his own right.  This morning he was playing with his super hero toys.  He was pretending to be a bad guy.  In his most threatening voice he demanded that the other bad guy do what he said, or else he would "Get NOTHING for CHRISTMAS but GIRLY TOYS, and that is ALL!"  I love that getting girly toys for Christmas was the worst possible punishment someone could receive. 

1 comment:

Avni said...

I like how you're aunt danielle. :-) so adorable.