Monday, July 4, 2011

Fourth of July

We didn't host our annual Fourth of July Party and Parade.  Andrew was pretty upset.  He questioned me about it over and over again.  I explained to him that putting on such a big party and parade is a lot of work.  Work that Mommy couldn't do with her foot in a cast.  He was not satisfied with that answer.  Later that evening I heard him explain to Ryan, in his most exasperated voice, "We are NOT having our parade and party because APPARENTLY Mom doesn't think we are old enough to do it OURSELVES."   And I didn't.  But he was determined.  Fourth of July morning he pulled out his bike, Ryan's scooter, and Molly's bike.  He asked me to call our neighbors who graciously agreed to come over to join us. And they all went on a bike ride around the block in honor of the Fourth of July.




That evening we went to my parents' home for a cookout and ended up just watching fireworks in their neighborhood.   It was a much quieter 4th than we are used to, but we still had fun!  

No comments: