Thursday, October 13, 2011

"I Wide Hawsey!"



A local stable sponsored a Mother's Morning Out last week and offered free pony rides!  We headed over and met lots of friends for a super fun morning!   They had a bubble machine, hula hoops, and crafts to occupy the children while the moms waited in line for the kids' turns.  I am grateful that I didn't have to wrestle them for that entire time, but it still amuses me what we as moms do for our children. I waited in a 40 minute line while they played, so that THEY could ride a pony.





Ryan rode the horse first.  He told me on the way there and the entire 40 minutes that I waited in line that he was not riding a horse.  He was not interested.  Then, when it was our turn, he walked right over, put on the helmet and got on the horse.  And he loved it!  He didn't even complain AFTERWARDS saying that horses were boring and that coming there wasn't his choice (which is a habit that he has formed recently).  He actually enjoyed himself and has asked to go again!



Molly, on the other hand, was so excited about riding a horse.  She talked about it all morning long.  "I wide hawsey!"  Then, when we got there and the horse was white like Max in Rapunzel, her excitement could hardly be contained.  "I wide Max.  I Wapunzel.  I so pwetty.  Hawsey so pwetty."   That is until we actually set her on the horse.  Then she was TERRIFIED!  She cried, real tears flowing down her little cheeks.  I reached up to take her off the horse and she pushed my arm away and said, "NO! I wide hawsey!"  She would not get off the horse, even though she was scared.   She was so brave.    She started out the pony ride in tears, but she did not end that way.  She giggled as soon as the horse began to move.  She didn't want off when the ride was over.  She has asked several times a day since to "wide again."




1 comment:

aenea said...

Beckham was also very excited about riding the horse and today said he wanted to ride an elephant and a giraffe for his birthday. I'm sure I can find a way to make that happen, right? Haha!