Thursday, July 5, 2012

Annual 4th of July Patriotic Parade and Party


DECORATING OUR BIKES, SCOOTERS, AND WAGONS FOR THE PARADE

Thank you to all our family and friends who came and made the day so much fun.  We loved celebrating with you.... even if we didn't somehow manage to get a pic of all 80 of you! (Sorry any one I am related to besides the 3 I gave birth to.  I am REALLY glad you came).  I think this was our largest turn out yet!  Let me know if you want to come next year.  You are invited!  We host it every year with our neighbors and dear friends.







This was Ryan's minimalist approach to decorating the scooter, which he rode ten feet and then decided to walk.  











 FLAG CEREMONY


 I asked Andrew to smile for this picture and he informed me that you were not supposed to smile when you are holding the flag....you have to be SERIOUS! So here is my son, showing respect for the flag, in the best way he knows how.

PATRIOTIC PARADE







Our littlest parade walker
 

OUTDOOR GAMES AND WATER FUN

 These fun sponge bombs lasted longer and were easier to make than water balloons! 

 We also had water guns for the first time at the party.  The kids loved it! 









I had NO IDEA how large Molly's mouth was!!!!  


We had a water free zone in the backyard!





COOKOUT AND TOSS THE BAG ICE CREAM


 Yummy blue icing compliments of the Kruegers.  So fun!






FIREWORKS WITH FRIENDS

Sorry there are sooooo many pics of Molly in her dress...but I LOVE it! She is as American as Apple Pie in her little sailor dress.   Thank you, Janine! 








The biggest hit of the night were these jelly beans I brought to share.  The kids loved trying all the different flavors.  I think they finished half the jar before we hid them away. 






Molly was so excited to watch the fireworks.  Until the first one exploded.  And then she cried.  And demanded to be brought home.  And closed her eyes and clutched on to me for dear life until they were finished.  If I let go even to reach for a water bottle, she grabbed my arm back and yelled for me to not let go.  The moment they ended she played happily for an hour on the playground while we waited for traffic to die down. 

No comments: