Sunday, July 22, 2012

Week 7 Bucket List Fun

We had another fabulous fun-filled week!  

On Tuesday, my future daughter in law came to visit.  I know, I know, I probably should stop calling her Andrew's fiancee, since they are now 7 years old, and her family moved away over 3 years ago.  But, these two kiddos are SOOOO much alike. It would be really sad, if they didn't end up together.   She would make a wonderful daughter-in-law.   I am glad that I got to choose my eternal companion, but any chance I get to spend with this sweet girl, makes me wish our religion believed in arranged marriages.    Andrew has lots of really great friends, but this little girl really "gets" him.  Their spirits just connect and it is like no time has passed since they last saw each other, even if it has been a year.  And I know her mom will take this as a compliment, but they are both just as "quirky" as each other, with the same sense of humor, same strengths.   We only had a few hours together, but I am grateful they made the long drive to see us.  Please come back soon!!!   I am sad I didn't manage to get a picture of all of you!



We went to Sciworks this week for Bucket List # 12.  We had a wonderful time playing there with our friends.   Apparently, Sciworks is a very romantic place.  Who knew?  Ryan proposed to one of his friends...who is 3 years older than him!  And the darling girl accepted.  Maybe because of the super nifty ring he made for her from a pipe cleaner.   I forgot my camera!!!!  So here is the one pic I managed to get with my phone at Sciworks, to prove that we were there.




On Wednesday, our oldest niece came all the way from California to visit!  Our children were so excited (and so were Chad and I)!  I think Molly suffocated her with all of the love and attention she showered on Natalie.  She really does want another "guwl" in the house. Molly was thoroughly convinced that Natalie was here just to see her.   The boys were just as excited about the visit and wanted to spend every second playing with her, as well.  She was great with the kiddos and very patient with their enthusiastic displays of affection.  She played light saber battles, gave piggy back rides, played my little ponies, monopoly, princesses, and even Bionicles.  She is an amazingly talented and sweet young woman.   I am so grateful we got to visit with her this week.  




Natalie has lots of family here in NC, and we all wanted to spend time with her.  On our day with her, we went to Bucket List Number 29: Lazy 5 Ranch.  




















On Saturday, all the NC family members gathered in Pinehurst  to enjoy the day with Natalie.  We took the kids for Bucket List number 30: swimming






Grandpa and Grandma's neighborhood has a little pond.  We took the kids over for Bucket List #18: Fishing! It was the very first time our kids had fished.  I have to say, I was very impressed with their ability to cast (and Ryan's ability to bait the hook, which he did without permission).  We didn't catch anything but pond grass.  The fish in the pond had mouths that were just too little for our hooks.  It didn't matter though.  The boys really only wanted to cast and reel in over and over again. 









I am so grateful for my life.  For my husband.  For my 3 amazing children.  For my parents.  For my sisters.  So grateful for wonderful friends and extended family.  I do know how blessed I am to have the chance to create these fun memories with my loved ones.  So blessed to even have little ones, to have a husband, a family, and friends who care about me.  There are so many people in the world who are lonely, who have no one.  And I have been blessed with so much.  I am overwhelmed by God's goodness and mercy. 



No comments: