Sunday, April 20, 2014

Flashlight Egg Hunt

Our good friends and neighbors hold a traditional backyard flashlight egg hunt each year, but could not do it in their backyard this year, because they had just planted grass seed.  So they asked if we would join them in our backyard.  We could not resist the opportunity to create new memories with friends.  And we definitely started a new tradition for our own family.  Flashlight egg hunts are here to stay!!!  Even if I couldn't get any good pictures in the dark.  (Did anyone else get some you can share)?









 I am so incredibly blessed with such amazing friends and cannot imagine our children not growing up together.  I cry every time I think about it, so I try not to think about it too much.  I am in denial.  As Mormons, there is no equivalent term to godparents, but I feel like these incredible children are so much more to me than my friends' kids, and I do not have a good name for it.   I love these sweet children as if they were my own nieces and nephews. 

No comments: