Tuesday, February 17, 2015

How long does it take to bloom?


Bloom Where You Are Planted...it has been my motto since we decided to move away from our home where we had lived for 17 years as a family.  I had prayed and known that we were to move away.  I was excited for our family.  We prayerfully searched for our new home and felt confirmation by the spirit that we were "planting in the right soil."  I immediately started to "set down roots."  I was determined to thrive in our new area. I had play dates set up before we even unpacked the first box.  I threw myself whole heartedly into my new church calling with the Cubs.  Everyone in our new ward has been so kind and friendly.  I volunteered to be the room mom in two classrooms and volunteer as a reading group teacher in the third classroom. We joined sports teams and a dance class. We found an amazing piano teacher.  I created a neighborhood book club and joined one in our ward.  I joined the neighborhood social committee. We have babysitters we adore.  I have made very wonderful friends in our neighborhood.  I seriously could not ask to live in a more ideal neighborhood.   It feels like something out of a classic tv show or movie sometimes. Chad LOVES his new job! And I love having a happy hubby.  I am sharing all of this to say that I feel like I have been feeding and watering my little garden.  I am being proactive, but,alas, I am not blooming yet.  Everyone here has been fabulous.  It is me, not them.   It has been 9 months since we moved away, yet I still don't feel like Indian Land is home.  Is that okay to say out loud?

I shared all of this with Chad yesterday.  While we were chatting,  I realized that I had forgotten one very important thing about gardens and planting and blooming.  It takes time.  Time to get roots deep enough to bloom.  You can't rush it.  Patience with God's timing is not something I have ever been very good at, so this is another opportunity for me to practice it.  I know we are where we are supposed to be.  I know that the Lord has a plan for our family.  I know that I will look back 9 months from now and laugh at my impatience and it will feel like we have been planted here forever..at least I hope so.


No comments: