Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Easter Weekend

Since we were not having a large extended family party this year, on Saturday, my parents were able to come down to spend the day with us.  Ryan needed to learn how to use a compass for Cub Scouts, and his retired Army Papa was more than happy to teach him. He even set up a little Easter Egg Hunt for him to follow, using his newly acquired navigational skills.

 The children really wanted to share their new found love of nature behind our neighborhood, so all of us followed them into the woods and spent quite a while wading in the water together.   Papa continued to teach the kids compass skills there, too.  We had a wonderful afternoon, and even I waded and slipped and "slided" through the mud.   I understand why the children want to spend every moment outside of school here.  It really is beautiful.

When we returned, the kiddos were pretty muddy and needed showers before we could dye Easter eggs together.  Which is why their hair is soppy and wet and why Molly is wearing a bathrobe in all the egg dying pictures.  Like Chad says, this is real life.

On Sunday morning, the Easter Bunny came to our house and brought Legos and candy.  Molly completed her first large Lego set all by herself.  She was quite proud of herself.

We got dressed in our Easter clothes and took some pics outside.  Chad had cut the boys' hair Saturday night, and Ryan really like his new hair cut.  All of these cute Ryan poses below are his own creations.  Ryan and Molly both wanted to take pictures with just Andrew, but not with each other.  I always thought sibling rivalry came from children trying to vie for their parents' attention, not one of the siblings.

We headed to Pinehurst for Easter dinner and enjoyed an indoor egg hunt, since it was raining outside.  Molly proved to be quite the egg hunter, finding all of her 25 eggs while her brothers had still found only 9 each.  Although it could be because Andrew kept stopping to pet Fergus, and missing eggs literally right underneath his nose. :)

We spent the night and unfortunately I got sick in the middle of the night. While I spent the day in bed, the rest of my family enjoyed playing with Fergus, walking to the park, and playing cards with Grandma and Grandpa and Uncle Chuck.  Chad was too focused on enjoying the moments to capture pictures, and I wasn't there to annoy remind him to remember.

My children are lucky to have such wonderful and caring grandparents who take the time to make my kids feel loved and special.

No comments: