Friday, March 25, 2016

Egg-ucational Fun in First Grade!

I love being a room mom.  When I was a little girl, I always dreamed of being a room mom when I grew up.  (Is that weird)?  I miss having my own class. However I am blessed with a wonderful first grade teacher for my daughter who allows me to come in and do fun things with her class.   I wanted to do something a little different than the normal stations we have done at the other class activities this year.

We started with a bunny print painting project on canvas.  I loved seeing all of their creative designs and they turned out really cute.  Here is Molly's.



While the children painted their bunnies, a few moms went outside to hide eggs in the library garden.  We headed outside and allowed each child to find one dozen eggs.




After the egg hunt, we played three games.  The first was a traditional egg and spoon relay.


I brought our bunny game from the neighborhood Egg Hunt for the children.  It was a hit!



The last game is one I modified from a fun game we used to play at boot camp with safety cones.  I set up Easter baskets all over the field and divided the group into two teams, boys versus girls.  The girls were to turn as many buckets upside down in one minute as they could and the boys were to turn as many right side up as they could in one minute.  When the timer went off, we counted to see who was ahead.  We let 5 boys and 5 girls play at a time while the rest of the teammates cheered them on.  It was so much fun to watch and they wanted to keep playing when it was time to go in for snack.


Our snack was pinterest inspired of course.  Cute bunny drinks with rice krispy treats.


When the party games were finished, our teacher brought all of the children to the carpet and they used their eggs from the hunt to do creative addition and subtraction problems with partners.  She really is the best!

No comments: