Sunday, July 10, 2016

Grandmother Stone's Summer Reunion 2016

We went to McLeansville to spend the day with Grandpa Bud, Grandma Stone, my sister Shana and her kiddos, and all my aunts and uncles and cousins on my dad's side of the family.  It was a wonderful day.  We had all but one of my cousins there at the same time!


My grandmother had all of her children there together.


And a lot of her great grand-babies.


Grandmother Stone met two of her newest great-grands today.


My sister just had a new baby, so I pretty much spent the day holding Rae, unless Ryan grabbed her out of my arms.  I love that Ryan loves babies, but it totally ruins my baby-hogging plans!


Molly and Rylee were two peas in a pod and played together all day long! They loved this giant Jenga game.  And so did Ryan!



A lot of the guys played corn hole.



Only pic I have to prove Chad was here, too.


My cousin Leslie is expecting and did her gender reveal today at Grandmother's home.

 
A gender reveal that had my Grandmother shooting a bb gun.


She managed to hit it several times, but the glitter would not spray out without a little help from Paw Paw Magic.


I am excited to have another little baby girl in the family I can cuddle!

My dad surprised me with a birthday cake my Aunt Remona made and then surprised me a second time with a journal he wrote for me about his childhood memories.  A gift I will treasure the rest of my life.



My dad's friend, Linda, sent the little girls beautiful dresses from the Philippines and we took this opportunity to take pictures of them together.




Sweet Baby Rae got a fancy dress, too.


We managed to get some pictures of all of Grandpa Bud's grandkids together.



And with just  his two girls.  We all had a wonderful day and I miss them already!


I am blessed beyond measure with amazing extended family and look forward to the days when these three little munchkins gather together as adults at my home and bring their families with them.  I am glad that it is a long time away though.  The thoughts of not seeing them everyday is more than my heart can bear yet.






No comments: